The Prince Lionheart WashPOD is something I was very excited about trying for Everett. Like many parents, I had a 2 sided plastic tub which fit in the sink for my first son. After we moved our new house only had 1 sink basin. Not really great for this type of tub.
When I was selected as a Prince Lionheart Elite blogger I was able to choose an item to review. The WashPOD was very intriguing so this was first on my list.
From the photo it should be clear this is a “bucket” style bath tub. The design is meant to be close quartered to remind the baby of their previous cozy home. The tub is meant for babies 0-6 months.
- Easy to insert foam cushion meant to give a little dip for the baby’s bottom to fit in. Baby won’t slip around.
- Lightweight. Even with water it can easily be lifted and moved around.
- Clear so you can see the adorableness of the baby inside, all squishy and round.
- My baby LOVES it. He is all smiles inside and would stay in as long as the water was warm.
- Small footprint so I can use it inside our big tub and bathe both children together.
- The fact that the baby is sitting makes washing under the chin very easy.
- Also, since they are upright, washing their full head and rinsing is a breeze.
Not so Favorite:
- The most obvious dislike is that washing the nether crevices is more difficult than a larger tub. Luckily this area gets wiped a lot!
- There is very little water, so when/if they make a poopy they are literally in all poop. It has happened. It is ugly.
- The way it makes my son sit has caused him to spit up, a lot. I try to make sure he hasn’t eaten within the hour when I bathe him.
- Somewhat hard to get the baby out when finished, but I can get him in and out alone. I just get wet.
- I wish there were a plug. I would rather drain it then remove him so that I could rinse him in clean water.
Despite the drawbacks I still favor this tub to the sink style tub. I always bathe him while he is in the big bath tub, and I bathe him and his brother at the same time. Since Everett loves his WashPOD so much he is content while I wash his brother. I honestly look forward to bath time because both boys enjoy it and it is almost guaranteed happy time for everyone.
I didn’t get the WashPOD until after Everett was over a month old. I didn’t get to try it on a new, newborn. And since Everett had awesome head control and was big to begin with it is even hard to imagine how it would work with one. I don’t know at the rate he is growing if it will last until 6 months either, but I am hoping it lasts until he can sit unsupported at least. At that point we will use the big tub.
Where to buy: Amazon.com (blue or white version available)
One Lucky DDL Reader can also win a WashPOD from Prince Lionheart!
(1 entry) Visit Princelionheart.com and let me know what other (of their many) products you think you would love to try. Leave it as a comment.
For extra entries do any or all of the following. Leave a comment for each you do.
(3 entries) Sign up for my soon to come Newsletter! It will be monthly so don’t worry about getting too many issues!
(1 entry) Follow @KimRosas on twitter and tweet this giveaway. Please tweet, “Enter to win the cozy and innovative WashPOD to bathe your baby from @KimRosas. http://g8o7d.th8.us Ends Feb 11.” Leave a comment with a link to your status.
You can tweet once a day for the duration of the contest. Leave a comment with your status for each tweet. 1 entry per day.
(1 entry) Subscribe to my blog via email through feedburner. Leave a comment.
(1 entry) Follow me through Google Friend Connect or via a reader. Leave a comment.
(1 entry) Grab my button and post it on your blog. Leave a comment.
(2 entries) Blog about this giveaway and link to it. Post a link in the comment.
(2 entries) Get Creative: Post about this giveaway on a messageboard or forum. Leave a comment with a link.
(1 Entry) Click “Share this” and share this giveaway on your Facebook page. Leave a comment.
(1 Entry) “Like” Prince Lionheart on Facebook. Leave a comment.
(1 Entry) “Like” Dirty Diaper Laundry on Facebook. Leave a comment.
(1 Entry) Go to Dirty Diaper Laundry on Facebook and start a discussion or reply to a discussion. Tell me what you did. Just leave your comment
(1 Entry) Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. Leave a comment.
A WashPOD was sent for the purposes of this review. No other compensation was received and all opinions are 100% my own and genuine. Giveaway ends on February 11. Winner will be chosen using random.org. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours a new winner will be drawn. *Open to US only, no PO Boxes*