This post is part of “All About Wool Week” on Dirty Diaper Laundry.
Lanolizing wool seems complicated but it is truly simple! Don’t over think it! I did tons of research before I set about lanolizing my covers for the first time. While I always, always encourage people to do their research I think over researching can be a bad thing. If you spend hours reading about washing and lanolizing wool it seems like a feat! I hope the video shows you how easy it can be, although I am silly and thought I was recording portions of it but actually wasn’t! Here is what I do:
- Run VERY HOT water from your tap (or boil water) and put it in a bowl. Add a squirt of Wool Wash or baby shampoo and 1 inch of Lansinoh lanolin.
- Shake well until all of the lanolin has dissolved. You can also microwave the mixture. Works great!
- Fill your sink (or tub, bowl, etc) with lukewarm water. Saturate cover(s) completely.
- Run a new sink full of lukewarm water if desired.
- Pour your lanolin/soap mixture in your sink.
- Immerse cover(s) in the water inside out. Work them around a bit and let soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from water and wring out, then either roll in a dry, clean towel or put in your washer for a spin cycle.
- Lay Flat to dry.
There's more to see!
Latest posts by kdrosas (see all)
- Bonus Day 6: Happy Heiny *just released print* Prize Package - April 20, 2014
- Day 5: 15 Prizes, 15 Winners, $900+ Value- DDL+EFF 5 Years of Awesome with Prizes from GroVia! - April 19, 2014
- Day 4 Prize Package Giveaway $385: DDL+EFF 5 Years of Awesome- Prizes from Onya Baby, Molly’s Suds, Zutano, Thirsties, and Snappi - April 18, 2014